An Introduction to Baby Wearing for Professionals – 6th February 2021
This course comprises of 2 x 2.5 hour sessions across the day with an hour break.
13.30 - 16.00
The course is being hosted by trained sling consultant, Zoe, from The Sling Consultancy and is designed to give you confidence in supporting your family in the science and practicality of wearing slings.
Zoe is a trained and insured carrying consultant specialising in the neuroscience of carrying, attachment, and trauma. With a background in Psychology, she explores the research linking many different fields together to bring a better understanding of the impact of carrying on our brains and bodies and how this impacts the physical and mental health of both the parent and the child. Together = Thrive.
What we will be covering in the course:
- An introduction to carrying, what is it and why it is important
Covering terminology, common myths, anthropology, evolutionary heritage,
- -The types of slings and carriers there are, how to use them, common issues and safety
Covering stretchy wraps, buckle carriers, most common types how to use, key safety aspects, common issues and how to troubleshoot
- -The science of Carrying, direct links covering in detail some of the research
Covering how carrying impacts our bodies and brains through the research first direct carrying research in detail
- ACEs, attachment and trauma, how carrying and the neuroscience links to these fields
Covering how carrying impacts our bodies and brains through the research of neuroscience, attachment, and trauma
- How to use in your professional role, Q&A and further reading
Open session to ask questions on anything at all carrying related, how might you use this in your professional role to carry yourself or supporting parents
** Please note that this does not qualify you to become a sling consultant. **